Sunday 26 July 2020

Golden Wedding Bookatrix

One of my brothers and his wife recently had their Golden Wedding anniversary. I decided to make a Bookatrix card – do you remember these when the Glitter Girls were on TV? I still have the Bookatrix board but didn’t want to cut it out by hand. I found an SVG file online and used it to cut my 3 layers on the Scan N Cut.
I used kraft card for 2 of the layers and gold mirror card for the middle layer. I edged all the layers with peel offs that I’ve had for many years! I was emailed a black and white wedding photo and wanted to use it on the card. I die cut it using a set of dies from The Works and also cut a bigger layer from the same gold mirror card. I fixed this to one side of the card and to the other I added another mat. I then cut the number 50 and the Happy Anniversary from plain card. I inked them with Versamark and used embossing powder to add colour and a metallic finish to them. The Happy Anniversary is by The Paper Boutique from one of their early releases and the numbers are Carnival Numbers by Docrafts/XCut.

I then made the flowers using vellum, Stamps by Chloe (from Issue 3 of her box magazine) and Royal Gold Satin Pearl embossing powder – the same that was used on the numbers and sentiment. Actually it’s called Thermographic Powder which is the same as embossing powder. It was part of a prize from Alan and Barry when they had a forum. The forum is still going strong although it’s not called Alan and Barry anymore and it’s a closed forum so doesn’t take any more new members.
I added some flourishes cut from vellum using a Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish die.
It’s not in the photo but I also cut a stand for the card using a Card Making Magic Christina Griffiths Easel Card Stand.
My sister-in-law phoned me to say it had arrived safely and how much they both liked it. She sometimes makes cards so knows the work that goes into making one.






5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, I love your design and the embellishments
    Yes I have several of their boards, I think its time I got them out and used them again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah this is super, what a great bookatrix. I made Mum and Dad one years ago and wish I had an SVG for it rather than all the cutting I had to do!! Alan d Barry theres a blast from the past!!! Have a lovely week, Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another of your beautiful inspirational creations. I do remember the Glitter Girls. I think that I still have a couple of the boards somewhere. I love the vellum flowers.
    Hugs (just gentle ones at the moment)
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a stunning keepsake.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love all the details.


    Cheryl
    Visit my blog - She Stamps

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.