Sunday 19 July 2020

#40 Anything Goes - CD Sunday Plus


The theme for the CD Sunday Plus Challenge is Anything Goes. You must have used something printed from a CD, a USB or a digital download and you must state where the item used is from.

I follow the blog of a someone who used to be on the design team for CD Sunday – Jane Willis (click here for blog). She made a card with lots of cats on it and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to make one for my cat loving niece. Jane used cat silhouette stamps but I don’t have any so I bought downloads and designed the card digitally in Serif Craft Artist before printing it out and then cutting the shapes.


  
The card blank was covered with a piece of white card that I’d embossed with a pawprint design. The placement of each hexagon had been worked out in Craft Artist I just needed to make sure when I die cut them that each cat was in the right position. On the central hexagon I cut away the bottom edge so the cat’s tail hung down on the hexagon below so it looked as if the lower cat was trying to take a swipe at it!



Items used:
8 x 8 card blank from Creative Crafting World.
Pawprint Lattice embossing folder by Creative Expressions.
Nesting Dies – Stitch Dot Hexagons by Presscut.
Craft Artist digi kits – Nativity, Birthday, Winter Hamlet, Cosy Up Christmas, April Showers and Victoria Nelson Day Trip
Cat Silhouette downloads – RetroWallDeco on Etsy.

The challenge will close on Saturday 01st August at 1pm.
Don't forget that the CD Sunday Plus Challenge is now about making items using something printed from a craft CD Rom, USB or digital download. You can use other craft items on your card/project, such as a stamp or die, but you must include something printed from the new categories. In your blog post/Facebook entry you must give the name of the printed item you've used. 
We also have a Facebook page if you don't have a blog - The CD Sunday Plus Challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous - I'm so pleased that you were inspired by my design. I love the way you have the cat at the bottom chasing the middle cat's tail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card and lovely design and layout

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super, what a great card, love all those lucky wee cats, Hazelx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very clever card Pamela. Beautifully put together. A lot of thought and work.
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you probably know I love all things cats and this is a lovely card with lots of images. Very clever card.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a clever card and it's clear how much time you've taken to get it perfect. I love the images, all the hexagons and the lovely colours. I'm sure it will be treasured.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.