Saturday, 30 July 2011

Promarker Storage

I recently 'made' a storage rack for my Promarkers and have been asked several times for piccies so decided to blog it.
I can't take the credit for this idea, loads of crafters have blogged their versions. I searched for ages to find a cheap DVD rack that I also liked the look of. Lots of people have used this one from Ikea
but they don't sell it on line and I don't have an Ikea near by. Then one day when I was searching Ebay (as you do!) I came across a wooden DVD rack with a starting price of 99p. It also had a buy it now price of £5 which I would happily have paid. I sent a message to the seller asking for the measurements but they were away and didn't answer for a couple of days. By which time someone had started to bid on it so I couldn't do the buy it now. I eventually won and paid the huge sum of £1.71! The postage was £4.41 but it was a bulky, heavy item so that didn't both me. When it arrived the seller had paid over £7 postage! So I was really pleased with what I'd paid. So this is what it looked like:

I also used these:

Double sided tape, small circle labels, brown paper from my stash and really cheap (and nasty looking) DVD covers. The DVD covers were from a pound shop 6 for £1 so I bought 2 packs and covered the DVD covers with the brown paper. I printed off a Promarker colour chart and coloured in the ones that I have and stuck it to the edge of the DVD covers. The circle labels were stuck to the Promarker chisel nib cap and coloured in. I had to buy the labels from Ebay as I couldn't find any white labels anywhere. They only cost £1.42 for a pack of over 600.
This is what the finished item looks like:

I had a couple of spare 'shelves' so used them to store my inkpads (Stazon and Ranger Distress Ink pads). I'm really pleased with how it turned out and it looks great on my craft desk. And the best bit is that it cost me less than a tenner!

Friday, 29 July 2011


....are the theme at CD Sunday this week. I knew I would struggle with this so I fell back on my old faithfull Greeting Card Factory. I adore cats so this image was the obvious choice.

I cut the image down and mounted it onto red card. I then printed a bp from Purrrrfect Pets cd by FeeJ Designs. I thought the ginger cat licking his lips was very appropriate to go with the image of the cat dreaming of mice! The sentiment reads 'This Christmas..... hope all your dreams come true'.

Saturday, 23 July 2011

At last...

...I had the elements for this card all ready on Wednesday but have only found the time to make it today. The card is for CD Sunday Blog Challenge where the theme this week is nautical.

The image is from a cd by CardzCardzCardz called Everyday 2 Pyramidz & Invertz. I've had this cd for years and never used it. The images tend to look fuzzy if you enlarge them. This one was to make a pyramage card but it was round and I'm unbelievably bad at cutting circles! So I opened the base image in MCS and played around until I had 4 layers of square pyramage. The base layer had a border around it that was a very pale blue. I didn't like the colour so had a rummage in my stash and found some red paper that was the same colour as the boat so made a new frame. I made the frame slightly larger than the base layer and after sticking it down I went around the edge with an embossing tool and it now looks as if the frame is embossed. Whilst I was rummaging for the red paper I came across the anchors so finished the card with one in each corner. Off to post this on the CD Sunday Blog before it's too late for this week! LOL!

Saturday, 16 July 2011

Even if I say so myself.....

...I'm quite pleased with how this card turned out! I had a nightmare of a time making it - stamped the image at least 5 times before I was happy with it. Once again I've used an iris folding stamp from Personal Impressions but I masked off the handle. Once I'd completed the iris folding I made a handle by threading cordinating beads onto wire. The wire was then pushed through the back of the card and taped down. The image was then mounted onto a backing paper is from Sharon Duncan's Embossibilities CD - Elegance. I like the way the border frames the image. I finished the card with a textured BP from my stash, some gems and card candi.

The card is for this week's CD Sunday Challenge - Handbags.

Saturday, 9 July 2011

It's July for goodness sake!

And the theme for CD Sunday this week is 'Christmas is Calling'. Well not in this house it isn't - I usually make my Christmas cards in December! But I thought I'd play along anyway so I reluctantly dug out my Christmas CDs and settled on looking through Season's Greeting by Artylicious. I printed out a sheet of toppers I liked and some background papers in different colours. There were 6 toppers on a sheet and I tried various ways of printing out just one but the picture kept pixelating so I had to print out the full sheet. Well after my original Bah Humbug thoughts look what happened.......

I ended up using all 6 toppers by making 5 cards (one is decoupaged, hence only 5 cards). I finished them off with various bows, peel offs and lots of gems. And I'm really pleased with the end results so you're forgiven CD Sunday! LOL!