Sunday 15 May 2022

#85 Anything Goes - CD Sunday Plus Challenge

The host for this fortnight’s challenge was supposed to be Carol but as she’s due to have some medical treatment I’ve swapped with her and she will be host for the challenge following this one. I’m sure we all send Carol our good wishes and fingers crossed she’ll soon be free from pain.
As usual the theme at The CD Sunday Plus Challenge is Anything Goes - remember you must have used something printed from a CD, a USB or a digital download, you must state where the item used is from and you must make a physical item and not a digital one.
My make is a card for the forum birthday swap that I’m in. I fancied making a pointed crossover card so made the base card using an 8 by 8 inch card blank. I covered the inside with a dark green paper. The three front sections I cover with a very pretty floral paper from a Paper Boutique kit – A Garden In Provence. Having made the base card I then needed something to put in the centre and decided to use a butterfly die by Paula Pascual. She’s released a range of journal dies called Miss P Loves Boundless Journal dies and one set is a huge butterfly.
I printed out a paper from a Digital Portfolio USB which I then die cut the butterfly from. That was then backed by a paper from my stash. I don’t have any details of what it’s called but it has almost a fabric feel to it and looks a different colour depending on how the light falls on it.




Inside the card I used more of the Garden in Provence paper and used a butterfly border die down the edges and backed it with white. I then added a Happy Birthday sentiment cut out of scraps left from the papers already used.



Items used:
Creative Crafting World: 8 by 8 inch card blank, pink flowery paper from The Paper Boutique A Garden in Provence 8 by 8 paper pad, green card from one of their card packs, square die from The Paper Boutique Happy Birthday die set and Happy Birthday die from their sentiments Vol. II.
Miss P Loves: Boundless Journal Butterfly Page MPL011.
Create and Craft: Digital Portfolio Metallic Paper Effects Vol.14.
Crafter’s Companion: Scattered Butterflies border die
 
The challenge will close on Saturday 28th May 2022 at 1pm.
Don't forget that the CD Sunday Plus Challenge is now about making items using something printed from a craft CD Rom, USB or digital download. You can use other craft items on your card/project, such as a stamp or die, but you must include something printed from the new categories. You must also make a physical item and not a digital one. In your blog post/Facebook entry you must give the name of the printed item you've used.
We also have a Facebook page if you don't have a blog - The CD Sunday Plus Challenge.



 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, I love butterflies as you know and this is a gorgeous card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pamela, this made up exquisitely! Love that cool special paper as well as the floral. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pamela. Another of your fabulous makes. Thanks for hosting for me. I can type a bit using one finger from each hand but not enough yet to return to serious commenting. Hugs Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you have used this fabulous butterfly on your card. I think I know the paper you have put behind the wings. It looks very pretty the way it changes colour. x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.