Friday 4 June 2021

Fezziwigs Festive Frolics - Red and Green entry #1

I’m trying hard to enter the Fezziwigs Festive Frolics challenges regularly so, this year, I have some Christmas cards made before December! The theme this time is Red and Green which is fairly easy to stick to for a Christmas card. 
I’ve seen a lot of the Crossover Pointy style cards recently so wanted to have a go at making one. They’re quite easy to make, you start with a square card blank - I imagine it would work with any size. Place the fold at the top and mark the middle of the width on the bottom edge. Then cut at an angle from your mark to both top corners. You now have a base card with a large triangle for the front of the card plus two smaller triangles. I’ve seen various versions with the two smaller triangles placed in different ways. 


I thought I’d decorate the card using a very old 12 by 12 paper pack. It’s by Dovecraft and is called 'Tis The Season' and the label on the back is dated 2007! The red card used to layer up was just in my stash. The sentiment is a Paper Boutique die called Merry and Bright and the white layer is a Spellbinders Sapphire Scalloped Labels 1 Plus set that was in a Create and Craft goody bag at the NEC Birmingham. 
The challenge is open until 8th June.

2 comments:

  1. Just caught sight of this one Pamela. There is no end to your card making talents. Wonderful look. Maybe I ought to try one - one day.
    Hugs
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah this is brilliant, what a great card, I love the shape you have gone for. See stashing papers is good!!! I have a few about that age too. Thank you once again for the birthday card and also for playing along on Fezziwigs, Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.