Sunday 3 January 2021

#51 Anything Goes - CD Sunday Plus Challenge

The Top Three for the challenge I hosted, 22nd November to 5th December, has been announced over on the CD Sunday Challenge Blog. Thanks to everyone who entered, it was great seeing so many entries and some from new people too.
The theme for the current challenge is Anything Goes. You must have used something printed from a CD, a USB or a digital download, you must state where the item used is from and a physical item must be made not a digital one.
After watching a Facebook live from Carnation Crafts I decided to have a go at making a triple easel card. I’m loving using the Carnation Crafts flower dies and downloadable vignettes – they make the card look amazing.

For the central easel I used the Carnation Crafts A Little Bit Fancy Card Shape. I cut the back layer from green card by The Paper Boutique’s It’s A Dog’s Life. The detailed layer was cut from the downloadable vignette. The two side panels are cut using a Tonic Studios die from the Swirling Frame Layering Die Set.


I then decorated the card using Carnation Crafts flower dies and downloadable vignettes. From left to right they are – Balloon Flower, Night-scented Stock, Peony, Agapanthus and finishing on the right sided easel - Balloon Flower. Some of the die cuts were snipped into and pieces slipped in to fill gaps.

  

The heart shaped stoppers are cut using Tattered Lace Heart dies. The green card as before and the purple is Paper Boutique again but this time from The Walled Garden set. Finally the sentiment and backing layer were cut using The Paper Boutique Happy Anniversary Doily Die set.

I made the card for my next door neighbours. They sent me a text saying ‘Wow!! You have out done yourself on this one. It’s amazing, we love it and are touched that you remembered our wedding anniversary’. They’ve been a great support to me, and my late husband during his illness, and since he’s passed away.
The challenge will close on Saturday 16th January 2021 at 1pm.
Don't forget that the CD Sunday Plus Challenge is now about making items using something printed from a craft CD Rom, USB or digital download. You can use other craft items on your card/project, such as a stamp or die, but you must include something printed from the new categories. In your blog post/Facebook entry you must give the name of the printed item you've used.

We also have a Facebook page if you don't have a blog - The CD Sunday Plus Challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is amazing!! What a beautiful card, I love the colours you have used. I must look out a CD to play with now that the festive season is over!! Hope you have a safe and happy 2021, Hazelx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card Pamela. I love the colouring esp the background. It reminds me of Wedgwood.
    I think they call the colour Jasper.
    Hus
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful Pamela. I love the colours too.
    Happy 2021.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.