Sunday 22 November 2020

#49 Anything Goes - CD Sunday Plus Challenge

 

It’s my turn to host the challenge at CD Sunday Plus. I haven’t hosted one for almost 2 and a half years. My teamies have been very understanding and let me take a break, and even let me dip in and out as I felt able too. Most design teams would have told me I had to leave and wouldn’t have been so understanding. The CD Sunday DT are the best!

The theme for the CD Sunday PlusChallenge is, as usual, Anything Goes. You must have used something printed from a CD, a USB or a digital download and you must state where the item used is from.

I’m taking part in a Secret Santa swap on a crafting forum and I usually make an object as well as a card. Last year I made crocheted table mats and matching crocheted tree baubles. This year I wanted to have a go at making a Finnish Star that I’d seen in a craft magazine but gave up as my ‘star’ was looking decidedly rough! Then a friend of mine blogged one that she’d made following a tutorial on someone else's blog. So I clicked on the link and the instructions were so clear and easy to follow that I was able to make three smaller versions to hang on a Christmas tree. So thank you Hazel (Didos)! Click on Hazel’s name to go to her Finnish Star and the tutorial is on this blog – The Craft Cavalier.

To make the star you need double sided paper so I printed on both sides of Pro Paper. There’s a right and a wrong side to Pro Paper so the design printed on the back came out slightly muted compared to the colours on the front but I liked the finished look. Once assembled I die cut various sentiments and images to decorate the middle of both sides of the 3 stars, and added gold peel offs. I added some cord that used to be the handles of gift bags to hang them up.

WARNING - there now follows A LOT of photos LOL!

This is the front:


And the back:



And these are the individual stars close up:




   



Items used:

Two backing papers from My Craft Studio Winter Twilight CD. Papers #91 and #117 printed onto both sides of Pro Paper.

Narrow gold peel offs.

 Die sets used – Carnation Crafts Brilliant Bauble, Tonic studios Leaping Deer, Religious Bauble and ‘tis The Season Christmas Wreath.

The challenge will close on Saturday 5th December at 1pm.

Don't forget that the CD Sunday Plus Challenge is now about making items using something printed from a craft CD Rom, USB or digital download. You can use other craft items on your card/project, such as a stamp or die, but you must include something printed from the new categories. In your blog post/Facebook entry you must give the name of the printed item you've used.

We also have a Facebook page if you don't have a blog - The CD Sunday Plus Challenge.

5 comments:

  1. Oh your stars are fantastic, they look amazing!! I love how you have used the gold peel offs on them, they are stunning. I did my own wee tutorial as a few friends asked me to make one of my own. Yickes!!! Its here. http://www.didosdesigns.com/2020/11/anything-but-card-week-2-star-tutorial.html So pleased you have made some too, Love Hxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always blow me away Pamela with your wonderful paper creations. Fabulous.
    And, speaking as a CD Sunday teamie, I cannot imagine us without you.xx
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing project. It must have taken you hours but so worth it for the end result.
    Jocelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so pleased to be part of such a lovely team.

    This is incredible Pamela, so beautiful and I can't imagine how long it took you.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.