Sunday 26 June 2016

CD Sunday - Once Upon A Time

This time at CD Sunday it's Carol's turn to pick a theme and she's chosen 'Once Upon A Time'. I rarely make cards for children/young people as I don't have children and therefore no grandchildren. So my stash contains very little suitable for children. But I knew I'd find something in Serif Craft Artist and the Daisy Trail digikit called Snow Queen fitted the theme.


I used a backing paper from the Digi kit that was a pale shimmery blue colour but I then used a snowflake brush to 'draw' the sprinkling of snowflakes. I then added the frame and the image of the Snow Queen. Once I'd printed it out I covered the frame and the image with a piece of paper and sprayed the backing paper with silver Spray and Sparkle by Crafter's Companion. The dark blue backing paper is from one of my 'go to' CD roms from Creative Crafting World called Perfect Papercrafting Companions.I finished the card off by using Tonic Nuvo Crystal drops in the centres of the snowflakes and adding blue gems to the frame over the printed ones on the original frame.
This challenge runs until Saturday 9th July at 13:00 and the winning card receives a prize from Carol. Good Luck everyone!


7 comments:

  1. A perfect fairy princess Pamela and the soft shimmery background is beautiful love the jewels surrounding the image

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Pamela. You are so talented with your CD's and Serif combinations. I am still learning - when I have the time.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely with all the soft sparkles making it just beautiful.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card Pamela, a sweet image and lovely sparkly papers.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely sweet card, sometimes it's hard to find the right image, this is really pretty.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card Pamela, I love the spray and sparkle, adds so much to the end result, a good kit to use just right for this challenge .
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Pamela. I love the frame around the Snow Queen. Wynn x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.