Sunday 16 October 2022

#96 Anything Goes - CD Sunday Plus Challenge

It’s my turn to host the CD Sunday Plus Challenge for the next two weeks. I always like to make something a bit different/special when I’m hosting and the last day of the challenge is also my birthday, so it had to be extra, extra special - I think I’ve managed that LOL! 
I was looking through some old magazines and came across a fairground carousel in a Hunkdory magazine. The download is from the Craftworld website and is available as a template and SVG files. I didn’t follow the instructions completely as I used card from my stash and not what came with the magazine. I also didn’t use the stamps supplied as they were a unicorn and I wanted a proper carousel horse. I knew I had a stamp and matching carousel horse die in my stash so used those.


I ran the red card through an embossing folder but it had a white core so I rubbed a wax over it to knock it back a bit. I then used gold peel-offs along the edges and between each section.
The centre pole is the inner of a roll of clingfilm covered in gold card and sparkly gold peel offs wrapped around it. The base is also covered in gold corner peel offs – they fitted around all the poles perfectly. The pole that the horses are attached too are paper straws that have peel offs wound around them in corresponding colours. Once I’d stamped and die cut the horses I the rubbed wax over them which highlights the embossed areas.
The base is in two halves so the carousel can be turned. I went a bit crazy with star peel offs on the base. Well I have to use them up somehow LOL! I’ve wound tiny lights around the inside of the base but didn’t glue them so they can be removed if they ever break.
Finally I added a ‘knob’ on the very top to make it easier to turn the carousel. It’s made from a plastic ferrel painted red. It’s what they put on the end of metal chair legs to stop them scratching the floor. They can also be found on the end of a walking stick!
Photos of each of the horses and a video of me turning it around!







Items used:
Creative Expressions: Necessities – Carousel Animals Dies (CED23042) and Carousel Clear Stamp Set (CEC938).
Hunkydory: Red pearl card.
From stash: gold card, peel offs, wax, paper straws, and lights.
Special mention for my neighbour who saved the inner of her cling film for me LOL!
The challenge will close on Saturday 29th October 2022 at 1pm.
Don't forget that the CD Sunday Plus Challenge is now about making items using something printed from a craft CD Rom, USB or digital download. You can use other craft items on your card/project, such as a stamp or die, but you must include something printed from the new categories. You must also make a physical item and not a digital one. In your blog post/Facebook entry you must give the name of the printed item you've used.
We also have a FaceBook page if you don't have a blog The CD Sunday Plus Challenge.






6 comments:

  1. An absolutely brilliant project Pamela,every element is beautifully crafred

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness! Pam, this is adorable, and so beautifully created! You are a true artist and crafting engineer! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Pamela. This is amazing, must have taken you hours. Loved reading about how you created it and very creative how you 'recycled' some items in the process. I have a big box of peel off's that I really should use more! I think you put the perfect amount of stars on it. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again, Pamela, you blow me away with your crafting skills. I wouldn't have known where to start. I think I will stick with stitching etc.
    Hugs
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an absolutely amazing project and looks fabulous with the added lights. xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.