Sunday 10 July 2022

#89 Anything Goes - CD Sunday Plus Challenge

As usual the theme at The CD Sunday Plus Challenge is Anything Goes - remember you must have used something printed from a CD, a USB or a digital download, you must state where the item used is from and you must make a physical item and not a digital one.
One of my nieces adores cats as much as I do so I have a very enjoyable time making her birthday card every year. Her cat is called Tabby and he looks very much like the tabby in this design.

This style of card is known by several names – Diamond Point, Crossover Pointy, Triple Point, Triple Point Crossover and I’m sure there’s a few more! I like it because you can use the central area to display the main focus of the card. In this case it’s the sweet cat which is just like the look on Tabby cat’s face at times!

I’m sure it didn’t register with my niece but my fellow crafters will have noticed that the design on the two triangle pieces perfectly match the background design. I had to use three 8 by 8 pieces of patterned paper to achieve this. If it had been a paper kit it would have used up nearly all of this design but with it being a USB it means we can print off as many pieces as we need.


Items used:
Creative Crafting World: The Paper Pantry USB Vol VI using the ‘It’s A Cat’s Life’ collection. Originally this came out as a paper pack now is now on a USB. The plain navy blue papers are from the coloured card collection that came out with the paper pack. The Happy Birthday inside the card is from The Paper Boutique Sentiments Vol II dies.
Presscut: Stitched Dot Circle dies.
The challenge will close on Saturday 23rd July 2022 at 1pm.
Don't forget that the CD Sunday Plus Challenge is now about making items using something printed from a craft CD Rom, USB or digital download. You can use other craft items on your card/project, such as a stamp or die, but you must include something printed from the new categories. You must also make a physical item and not a digital one. In your blog post/Facebook entry you must give the name of the printed item you've used.

We also have a Facebook page if you don't have a blog - The CD Sunday Plus Challenge.

 

3 comments:

  1. I love this card Pamela. You know I tried the shape last year and as soon as I can I shall try it again. Looks wonderful with the pussy cats. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely card and I did notice that you had matched up the triangles with the background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and image, I like this shape and I must try it out one day

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.