Sunday 7 November 2021

#73 Anything Goes - CD Sunday Plus DT.

As usual the theme at The CD Sunday Plus Challenge is Anything Goes - remember you must have used something printed from a CD, a USB or a digital download, you must state where the item used is from and you must make a physical item and not a digital one.

I’ve mentioned before that I buy lots of craft magazines – well not so many these days as several of them have been discontinued. I like to flick through them when they first arrive then when I’ve more time I read them properly. But when I flicked through issue 200 of Papercraft Essentials I stopped at pages 12 and 13 as the cards really caught my attention. The designer was Debbie Simpson who I admit to never having heard of before. Members of the magazine designer teams tend to be in several craft magazines so you get used to their names. Debbie’s cards were made using the free paper downloads from the magazine. So I hot footed it over to the website and downloaded them.

The card I liked the most was a style called curtain or drapery fold and I particularly liked the papers used for it.

 

My card isn’t exactly the same as the one in the magazine as I’ve used different paper on the lower half and made a rosette instead of using one of the downloadable images of a young women. I also finished the card with LOADS of sticky backed gems!


Items used: 
Creative Crafting World: 7 by 5 inches landscape card blank but turned so it’s a tent fold. Black card for the mats and sentiment dies. 
Papercraft Essentials: issue 200 downloads from https://craftworld.com/home but you have to sign into the website in order to see them.
The challenge will close on Saturday 20th November 2021 at 1pm.


I emailed Papercraft Essentials magazine and since writing this blog post I've heard from them. They've not only posted a photo of my card in issue 204 but I've won the Star Letter prize!!!!




Don't forget that the CD Sunday Plus Challenge is now about making items using something printed from a craft CD Rom, USB or digital download. You can use other craft items on your card/project, such as a stamp or die, but you must include something printed from the new categories. You must also make a physical item and not a digital one. In your blog post/Facebook entry you must give the name of the printed item you've used.

We also have a Facebook page if you don't have a blog - The CD Sunday Plus Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. I dont buy many craft magazines these days, my usual stopped publishing and I have not really bothered much through the lockdowns etc., I have not heard of her but I like the idea of a curtain on the bottom, Your card is lovely with the curtain. I lovely idea I might pinch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go ahead and ‘pinch’ it Margaret. Look on YouTube for a video on how to do it. There’s a few different styles.

      Delete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.