Sunday 16 August 2020

#42 Anything Goes - CD Sunday Plus Challenge

The theme for the CD Sunday Plus Challenge is Anything Goes. You must have used something printed from a CD, a USB or a digital download and you must state where the item used is from.

Recently my nephew was 10 years old – technically he’s my nephew’s son so my great nephew but I don’t know of anyone who uses that term.

He loves Pokémon and I’m told he really liked the card I made him.

  

I searched Pinterest for ideas and came across lots of Pokémon images. I printed off a picture that had lots of the characters and luckily had enough to cover every area that was in view on the pop up box. Unfortunately, I can’t credit the person who’s file it was as I forgot to make a note of where I found it.

 

I then found a link to a blog of someone who had free party printables – For Geeks Oh My Fiesta. After downloading the ones I wanted I took them into Serif Craft Artist to resize them so they would fit the box. I printed them onto light card and then fussy cut them out (my least favourite thing to do!).

  

I lined the inside of the box with bright yellow card from my stash before putting it together and attaching the characters and number 10 to acetate. 

No ‘items used’ list as the white and yellow card was from my stash.

The challenge will close on Saturday 29th August at 1pm. Don't forget that the CD Sunday Plus Challenge is now about making items using something printed from a craft CD Rom, USB or digital download. You can use other craft items on your card/project, such as a stamp or die, but you must include something printed from the new categories. In your blog post/Facebook entry you must give the name of the printed item you've used.

We also have a Facebook page if you don't have a blog - The CD Sunday Plus Challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Great card, love the Pokemon idea and designing it into a ox card
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very inventive way to decorate the box. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any Pokemon fan would be thrilled to receive this and you've gone to so much effort to make it look as great as it does.

    I love it!

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I said before Pamela - I admire your skill with Serif. A great project and I am sure he is thrilled with it.
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.