Sunday 14 October 2018

Off The Cutting Room Floor - CD Sunday


When it comes to anything crafty I’m a terrible hoarder – if I think I can use it in my crafting it gets kept. I also LOVE Christmas so it’s no surprise that I hoard all sorts of things Christmas related! So when Carol chose ‘Off The Cutting Room Floor’ as the theme at CDSunday I decided to have a rummage through my Christmas craft stash (which fills up a small wardrobe!). I came across these half-used Christmas papers from various CDs and decided to try and make a card with them. I must have kept them for years as most of them are printed onto photo paper and I haven’t used that for a long time.

  



It didn’t go quite to plan!!! Originally I thought I’d use several papers, rolling them up to make a tube and cutting them into different lengths. Then arranging them in size order to make a triangular Christmas tree shape. I gave up on that idea as the colours didn’t work well together. I then decided to use an embossing folder and then highlight the raised areas with Embellishment Mousse. It looked OK but I went over the edges of most of the images and it looked a right mess. So then I embossed a second piece, cut the trees and snowflakes out, rubbed the mousse over them and glued them on the first piece. I then put gems and stars over all the remaining raised areas and managed to hide the messy mousse bits! So something that should have been a simple quick make took me quite a while – Hey Ho!





Items used:

Embossing folder by Crafts-Too called Let It Snow Frame.

Red backing paper from an Artylicious CD by Glenda Waterworth called Season’s Greetings. It was made in 2007 so quite an old CD.

Tonic Nuvo Embellishment Mousse called Cosmic Brown.

Green backing paper by Hunkydory from a magazine prize.

The sentiment is a Paper Boutique die by Creative Crafting World from set 10.

Don't forget that the CD Sunday Challenge is about making items using something printed from a craft CD Rom. You can use other craft items on your card/project, such as a stamp or die, but you must include something from a craft Cd. So if you like colouring stamped images or digis you can still enter the challenge but you must include something from a CD such as a backing paper, a sentiment or a butterfly for example. In your blog post/Facebook entry you must give the name of the CD you've used. This is important if the items you've used can be bought as a download as well as a CD as the Design team can't tell which has been used unless you tell us. Your entry can't be considered for a prize if you haven't used a CD or if you haven't told us the name of the CD in your post. The Design team still leave comments on your blog but there's no chance of winning if the above hasn't been followed. We now have a Facebook page if you don't have a blog - The CD Sunday Challenge.


6 comments:

  1. Lovely card, I am like you if it can be used or is big enough to keep it’s kept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid I don't have many odd pieces as I use my graphics programme to print the sizes I need, would try this if I did, great way to use up small pieces

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, although what a time you had making it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pamela, you've created a great card, hopefully it was all good fun even though it did take you longer than you first thought. It must have felt good to use up some bits and pieces too. I'm also a hoarder, I hate throwing anything away so this challenge is right up my street.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card Pamela. I thought I recognised the Artylicious paper. I must revisit this CD so thank you for reminding me that I have it!

    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I am so late with my visit. Life got in the way. As always Pamela you never cease to amaze me with your creations and using up bits and pieces seems to cause no problems for you. So many ideas bubbling away. Great result.
    Hugs
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.