Sunday 24 June 2018

Things To Eat - CD Sunday


This time it’s Jane’s turn to pick the theme for the CD Sunday Challenge – she’s picked Things To Eat. I decided not to make a greeting card but instead have made single page cards (like playing cards). 


I searched the internet for images of food with funny sayings.
They say things like: ‘You’re my butter half’, ‘We make a great pear’, ‘Muffin compares to you’ and ‘I cherry–ish you’.
I copied these into Serif Craft Artist and resized them. I then added a black frame around them to look like they’re matted onto black card. These were then printed off and cut out.

I then rummaged through my box of papers and used up ones I’d printed off and not used I have a habit of printing off several papers at a time when I’m making cards but then only use one of them! The papers where then matted onto black card and the image added on top.

The CDs the papers were from are Perfect Essential Companions and Perfect Forever Companions by Creative Crafting World. And several Craft Artist kits – Born To Shop, Festive Fayre, A Merry Little Christmas and Birthday.

I then did a bit more stash busting by cutting up A6 card blanks and adding them to what I’d already done. The A6 cards I’ve had a very long time – they were free with a magazine I used to subscribe to and every month you had 6 card blanks and embellishments. 

I’ve made these cards to give to my husband to try and lift his spirits when the time comes. Sadly the bowel cancer has returned and also spread to other areas (his lungs and peritoneum). It can’t be operated on or cured. He’s just had his first session of chemotherapy but it may only delay the spread of the cancer and will not cure it. We’ve been told the chemo may add a further 3 – 6 months to his life, without chemo they’ve told us he may have 18 months. We’re both trying to deal with the news which has turned our world upside down.

I’m going to try and continue being on the CD Sunday Design Team although there may be times when I’m unable to make something for a challenge. I’m very grateful for the support and understanding from my fellow team mates – you’re all amazing people! Thank you.

8 comments:

  1. Pamela, I love your cards and what is in you heart as you made them. You both have my love and support and as a team we are 100% behind whatever you want to do.
    Hugs my friend.
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun cards which should give hubby something to laugh at or smile about, the sentiments are all loving and supportive, our thoughts are with you both. Megxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Pamela Im sorry to read the sad news about Hubbys cancer. I hope that the chemo helps give him more quality of life. Your cards are all super and Im sure he will love them all, Sending You both a HUGE hug, Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's beautiful that your first thought was about how you would go about cheering him up in the future. He may be unlucky to be so poorly but he is very lucky to have a caring, supportive and talented wife like you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful set of cards and idea,
    I hope that everything will go well and he enjoys your cards as his treatment proceeds, will give him support and cheer him up
    Sending you a hug

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful, thoughtful idea Pamela. They will certainly put a smile on his face. My thoughts and prayers are with you both. Together you will fight this .....stay strong my friend W xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely idea to do these for Michael. I was so sad to hear what you are both now faced with. Thinking of you and sending support.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Pamela, I'm truly sorry to read this. Thinking of you both xxx

    I do love your card idea's and I hope they give your husband joy while he is going through chemo

    Lisa xx
    craftycard-designs.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.