Sunday 27 May 2018

Beautiful Blooms - CD Sunday

Over the last 2 weeks we had some really beautiful entries for the Art Deco theme at the CD Sunday Challenge. I don’t envy Margaret having to choose a winner. It’s Jocelyn’s turn to pick the next theme and she’s chosen Beautiful Blooms. Very appropriate for this time of year with 
I knew I had some parchment flowers in my stash that I’d made on a Groovi workshop last year so decided to base my card around them.
I embossed a piece of Raspberry Kiss coloured card (from Limetree Crafts) using a Die’sire embossing folder called Rose Vine. This was fixed onto an 8 by 8 white card blank leaving a border of 1 cm. I then attached another layer of white card again leaving a 1 cm border.


Next was the CD element of my card. I printed a backing paper onto printable vellum. The CD is a Creative Crafting World Cd called Perfect Papercrafting Companions and I chose a Textured backing paper which was printed in Dusky Rose.  The vellum was then put through a Tonic embossing folder called Just For You. It has one pattern at the top and another at the bottom but I only wanted the bottom rose pattern. So I embossed two pieces of vellum with just the rose pattern and then cut along the wavy line. I then hid the join with the swirly banner part which is a separate die from the same set. The embossing didn’t show up as much as I wanted so I did the same embossing on a piece of white card. I then matched up the embossing on the card with the embossing on the vellum and this seemed to make it more noticeable. This was layered onto the card and glittery peel offs attached around the edge.


I then laid out the parchment flowers and leaves, rearranging them until I was happy and glued them to the vellum. They’re made from coloured parchment and just embossed using a Groovi plate then cut out. I finished off with some sparkly pink gems in the centre of the flowers and on the edge of the card. 

I'm sure lots of you can think of someone who you could make a card for that has Beautiful Blooms on it so please enter Jocelyn's theme. Don't forget that the CD Sunday Challenge is about making items using something printed from a craft CD Rom.You can use other craft items on your card/project, such as a stamp or die, but you must include something from a craft Cd. So if you like colouring stamped images or digis you can still enter the challenge but you must include something from a Cd such as a backing paper, a sentiment or a butterfly for example. In your blog post/Facebook entry you must give the name of the Cd you've used. This is important if the items you've used can be bought as a download as well as a CD as the Design team can't tell which has been used unless you tell us. Your entry can't be considered for a prize if you haven't used a Cd or if you haven't told us the name of the CD in your post. The Design team still leave comments on your blog but there's no chance of winning if the above hasn't been followed. We now have a Facebook page if you don't have a blog  - The CD Sunday Challenge.  







8 comments:

  1. That is so lovely - lots of wonderful processes involved that have come together into a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very delicate and beautiful Pamela.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card. I was intrigued as to what you had used from a cd - unfortunately my printer won't take vellum as it can't see it! I love how you used it here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful, elegant card Pamela, the flowers are stunning. The embossing looks lovely. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Pamela, I just love those flowers XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello pamela, kim here. Mikes friend from work you are so talented. Your cards are beautiful. Thank you so much for my birthday card. I loved it. It was so personalised for me. I. Going to get it mounted and put it in the bedroom. Far too nice to be put away in the draw. Bye for now Kim

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.