Friday 1 November 2013

Lothian Crafts November Challenge

A nice easy challenge at Lothian Crafts Online for this month so no excuse not to join in LOL! The theme is 'Must use Marianne Design dies' and the prize is £10 to spend at the online shop.

For my DT item I made a really simple and quick card.

 
 
I used a 6 by 6 scalloped card blank and then embossed a slightly smaller piece of card using a snowflake border embossing folder that was free with a craft magazine. I printed the Crafters' Companion Barkley image onto card and then cut and embossed it using the Marianne Design Creatable Circles die. I also cut and embossed the larger frame die from the same set. I finished the card off with some large clear gems to add a bit of sparkle.
I've been asked to make a 50th birthday card and I think this would look nice with the number 50 in the middle of the die cut (minus the snowflakes of course LOL!)
This set of dies are really pretty - there's 4 dies in the set. The picture of the dies doesn't really show how pretty the die cuts look after they've been cut and embossed.
 
 
Good luck in the challenge!


No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.