Sunday 2 September 2018

Cool Colours - CD Sunday

It's Jocelyn's turn to pick the CD Sunday theme and she's chosen Cool Colours. I thought it was time I made a few Christmas cards and I've been wanting to try the eclipse style of card for some time so combined the two.

A fairly quick design to make except for the die cutting but I was able to cut all 4 letters at the same time. I made my own DL card blank because I have a lot of DL envelopes I'm trying to start using! 
I then covered the card blank with mirri card. I'd already looked through my CDs looking for suitable papers and printed 2 off ready for when I could find the time to do some crafting. The CD rom is by Tattered Lace and is one of the CDs that has papers from the TL magazines on it. This one is Paper Collection Volume 7 and the papers I used were numbers 51 and 60 The CD is Click, Print, Go but I opened it in My Craft Studio so that I could resize the papers to fit my card blanks. 


I die cut the word SNOW from the backing paper and then 4 more times from black card so that there was some height to the letters. I could have just die cut the letters from black funky foam to save time. The alphabet dies I used are from Xcut Carnival Alphabet.
I glued the backing paper to the card blank, glued all the letters together and then placed them back into the backing paper.


Don't forget that the CD Sunday Challenge is about making items using something printed from a craft CD Rom. You can use other craft items on your card/project, such as a stamp or die, but you must include something from a craft Cd. So if you like colouring stamped images or digis you can still enter the challenge but you must include something from a CD such as a backing paper, a sentiment or a butterfly for example. In your blog post/Facebook entry you must give the name of the CD you've used. This is important if the items you've used can be bought as a download as well as a CD as the Design team can't tell which has been used unless you tell us. Your entry can't be considered for a prize if you haven't used a CD or if you haven't told us the name of the CD in your post. The Design team still leave comments on your blog but there's no chance of winning if the above hasn't been followed. We now have a Facebook page if you don't have a blog - The CD Sunday Challenge.






5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Pamela, the paper perfect when used to die cut the word Snow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, I like your design and perfect paper for the design

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely Pamela, I really must give this technique a try as I think it's so effective, but need some large letter dies to do it. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration.

    I did receive my fabulous prize, thank you very, very much. I did email the CD Sunday email address to let you know, and to say thank you. I'm sorry you didn't receive my email.

    Crafty hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is lovely Pamela. A really interesting technique and one I think I must try at some point. You always find different and unusual shapes and designs to show us, thank you.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super design with the die-cut letters and lovely paper xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.