Sunday 19 August 2018

Let's Go Fishing - CD Sunday

Margaret has chosen the theme at CD Sunday for this fortnight's challenge - Let's Go Fishing.
At first I thought I didn't have anything fishing related, but I found a few images on various CDs. I even thought about making a Christmas card with an image of a penguin/polar bear/Eskimo fishing through a hole in the ice!
But then I found a lovely 'fish' backing paper on a Joanna Sheen CD - Faye Whittaker Collection CD2 and decided I would use that as my 'something from a CD'. I covered a piece of white card with the backing paper and then attached a piece of black netting to it. I only glued the netting onto the back of the card and in the middle of the front of the card where I knew I would be placing a topper. The netting was originally a small bag that at one time must have contained something and has been in my stash forever! 


I then opened Serif Craft Artist and designed a topper of a man sea fish from some rocks. I know nothing about fishing, so he probably isn't using the right equipment for sea fishing LOL!

Digikits used were Craft Scapes Summer Seaside, Great Grandads, Country Gardens and Shabby Chic Seaside.


The topper was printed onto lightweight card and then layered onto some shimmery paper that I bought from Sharon Duncan when she had an online shop. I like this paper so much that when she announced she was closing I bought about 4 packs of it. Each pack has several colours in it - light blue, a darker blue, green, pink and orange. I think I've seen it being sold on Create and Craft in a pack with other papers.
I then cut a rectangle of dark blue card to go between the topper and the backing paper.
Finally, I then glued all of this to my card blank which is 7 inches by 7 inches.


Don't forget that the CD Sunday Challenge is about making items using something printed from a craft CD Rom. You can use other craft items on your card/project, such as a stamp or die, but you must include something from a craft Cd. So if you like colouring stamped images or digis you can still enter the challenge but you must include something from a CD such as a backing paper, a sentiment or a butterfly for example. In your blog post/Facebook entry you must give the name of the CD you've used. This is important if the items you've used can be bought as a download as well as a CD as the Design team can't tell which has been used unless you tell us. Your entry can't be considered for a prize if you haven't used a CD or if you haven't told us the name of the CD in your post. The Design team still leave comments on your blog but there's no chance of winning if the above hasn't been followed. We now have a Facebook page if you don't have a blog - The CD Sunday Challenge.













6 comments:

  1. love the image of the man fishing against the fishy bp, great card Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't know if he was using the right rod either Pamela but it all looks good to me. Great idea to have kept the net. Great card as always.
    Hugs
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, that piece of upcycled netting really brings the whole thing together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Pamela, using the bag for a net is a brilliant idea :)
    Fabulous card
    Best Wishes
    Lisa
    craftycard-designs.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, I love the fish waiting to be caught or rather watching to make sure they are not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Pamela and I like the use of the netting in the background, very effective.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.