Sunday 30 October 2011

My last Guest Designer week

As the title says it's my last week as Guest Designer for the CD Sunday Challenge Blog. I've had to schedule this post as I'm away so I hope Mr Blogger plays nicely. The themes for 3 of the 5 weeks in October were good ones for me. I already had a CD called Wine Buffs so that was an easy week for me, I love Halloween - as last week's photo shows! - and this final week was very enjoyable as it's Puss Cat and I adore cats. I've recently discovered Polka Doodle CDs so reached for Paper Boutique Volume 3 as I knew there was a cat image on there. I decided to make a magnetic notepad to keep on the fridge door.
The cat image has been attached over the top of the notepad that I made. I cut sheets of paper to the same width as the green dotty label and run them through my Carl rotary trimmer with the perforating blade attached so the sheets could be torn off. I then used 2 backing papers from the cd to make the background. The brown BP has cat related words on it such as kitty, claws, purr, meeow, paws etc but I like the pink one with the fish bones on it. I finished it off with some pink letters to spell out Shopping and I attached strips of adhesive magnetic sheets to the back so it could be kept on the fridge door. It looks as if my cat has already made use of it! LOL! Hubby and I are now having a much needed long weekend away. We chose this weekend because it was my birthday yesterday (Saturday). We're hoping to recharge our batteries ready to do the final clearance of FIL's home when we return. It's hard to believe FIL has already been in the care home for 5 weeks but he's looking a lot healthier and doesn't seem so confused. I hope my 5 weeks as Guest Designer has given you some inspiration or at least something to smile about. Having to force myself to make something each week has been a welcome distraction from what has been a very stressful time. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have done any crafting for quite some time. I'd like to thank the CD Sunday Design team for asking me to be a Guest Designer and I hope to be able to continue joining in with the weekly challenges.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pamela. I hope - as I write this - that you are enjoying your well needed break.I also hope you had a good birthday yesterday.
    I think your memo pad idea is fab and all your contributions to our challenges as our GDT have been equally great. Thank you for your support and I am sure we will be asking you back again.
    Hugs
    Carol
    xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.