Sunday 2 October 2011

Butterflies..........................

............why do you think they’re so popular with card makers? I like butterflies in real life but rarely include them in my card making. So when I was told the theme of my first entry as a Guest Designer for the CD Sunday Challenge Blog was Butterfly Kisses I knew I’d find it challenging – little did I know how challenging! LOL! Along with the members of the Design Team I received a set of stamps from this month’s sponsors, Creative Expressions. The stamps were designed by Sam Poole and called Nature’s Wonders. The set includes several butterflies, some ladybirds, a large stamp with plants a moth and a beetle, a few sentiments and……….a spider on a web. I have a dread of all things creepy crawly but especially spiders (even typing the word I’m feeling nauseous). I’m not too bad if they don’t move but you won’t see me for dust if they do. Thankfully rubber stamps don’t have a habit of crawling along your desk so I did manage to make a card.
I coloured a piece of card with a distress ink pad, then ran it through my Wizard in an embossing folder. I used a folder by Provo Craft from a set of four called ‘Wall Décor and More’. I then coloured the vine with ink from a distress ink pad using cut and dry nibs. More distress ink pads were used to colour the main stamped image. I then stamped the large butterfly a second time and layer it over the original butterfly. For a BP from a cd I turned to Butterfly Bliss by Artylicious. There’s some beautiful backing papers on this cd but all the butterflies were to large to go with the ones on my topper. So I used a plain BP from the cd and stamped the small butterfly from the set all over it. So I got there in the end even though I had to colour in a moth and a beetle! LOL! Thankfully the themes for the rest of the month aren't likely to bring me out in a cold sweat. EDITED TO ADD: Houston we have a problem! LOL! The theme for this week's challenge was changed to 'Nature's Wonders' but I didn't receive the message. Sorry if I've confused anyone wanting to enter.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry Pamela - we were confused for a wee while. It was just the title was changed more in keeping with the stamps.
    I love your card. Just thought I would say so here on your Blog as well. We of course see it before it is published and we all on the team think it is great. That doesn't sound like good English but I think you know what I mean.
    Hugs
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.