Sunday 8 July 2018

CD Sunday - A Gardener's World

Have you all been outside enjoying this hot, hot weather instead of inside crafting? We only had a few entries for the last theme at CD Sunday which surprised me as I thought it was a theme that could be used for lots of card occasions.
This time it’s my turn to pick the theme and I’ve gone for A Gardener’s World. Hopefully more of you will find this fits in with your card making designs and the hot weather (and Wimbledon) won’t stop you from joining in. I thought it would be a good choice for cards to give to the men in our lives but of course it will also be useful for women.

I decided it was about time to try and use some of the many Hunkydory kits that I have in my stash. Most of which I haven’t bought but have won them in magazine competitions /giveaways. The one I’ve used was a free gift with a Hunkydory boxed magazine. I decided I wanted to make a ‘U’ shaped card as I like how it ‘shows off’ the design and will fold down to fit in an envelope.

 

I covered all the sections of the card with things from the kit and then realised I hadn’t used the vital ‘something from a CD’ LOL! So, I started looking through my dies for something suitable such as a watering can or wellies when I came across a set of dies that was in an Apple Blossom boxed magazine. It was a small trellis die with a trailing vine and tiny flowers – perfect to finish of my card!
                                                       
 I printed off 4 textured backing papers from a CD by Creative Crafting World called Perfect Papercrafting Companions disc 2. This is my ‘go to’ CD for when I want a plain paper. I printed them onto thin card and then die cut the items including 32 purple flowers and 32 orange flowers! I layered 2 flower die cuts to make them thicker before adding them to the card and then finished off with Tonic Nuvo Glitter Drops, in Yellow Bird, for the centres of the flowers.
Unlike me don't forget that the CD Sunday Challenge is about making items using something printed from a craft CD Rom. You can use other craft items on your card/project, such as a stamp or die, but you must include something from a craft Cd. So if you like colouring stamped images or digis you can still enter the challenge but you must include something from a CD such as a backing paper, a sentiment or a butterfly for example. In your blog post/Facebook entry you must give the name of the CD you've used. This is important if the items you've used can be bought as a download as well as a CD as the Design team can't tell which has been used unless you tell us. Your entry can't be considered for a prize if you haven't used a CD or if you haven't told us the name of the CD in your post. The Design team still leave comments on your blog but there's no chance of winning if the above hasn't been followed. We now have a Facebook page if you don't have a blog - The CD Sunday Challenge.












7 comments:

  1. Oh what a lovely card, love the shape of it, Hope that alls ok with you and your husband, Love Hazelx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Pamela. Lovely theme and I enjoyed making my card for it. You aren't the only CD Sunday team member who forgot to use a CD whilst making a sample card. I have been there as well and had to rethink and change direction. It is easily done if you haven't started with the CD. But you have produced another one of your masterpieces despite the hiccup. Much love to you both.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful Pamela, you always come up with such interesting designs. I used the same cd as you this time as I needed a colour match that I didn't have. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dimensional card, had to laugh when you said you almost forgot the CD element, been there and done that . Take care Meg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, full of dimensions and style.
    Love the image of a peaceful garden

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great card Pamela and the trellis and all those die cut flowers work really well. It must have taken a while putting all those together.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Pamela, This is a stunning card, I love the shape and how all the different elements have come together to make this card.
    Lisa xx
    craftycard-designs.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.