Sunday 22 July 2018

Anything Goes - CD Sunday



Thanks to the crafters that supported my choice of theme at the CD Sunday Challenge Blog over the last 2 weeks. I was a little disappointed that there weren’t any Facebook entries this time. I usually post about the challenge in numerous Facebook groups, but I’ve not had much spare time so wasn’t able to do it so perhaps that explains why there were no Facebook entries. Never mind I have a prize waiting for the winner who will be announced next Sunday 29th July.
On to the new theme which has been chosen by our lovely teamie Meg and she has opened it right up for you by choosing ‘Anything Goes’. As long as you include something from a CD rom you can enter, either via the blog or on the Facebook page.
I’m from a large family of 9 and have 5 brothers but I have one that is my favourite because he’s such a really special person. So for his birthday every year I make him a card which he always tells me he loves. He was born in South Wales but our Mam moved, with the 3 youngest children, to Telford in Shropshire when my brother was about 13. He’s fiercely proud of being Welsh and would have loved to move back ‘home’ but work commitments have gotten in the way. I always make him a card with a Welsh theme and look out for things to add to my craft stash throughout the year that are suitable. This year’s card is quite simple and didn’t take long to make.


 I’d recently bought a dragon die and matching stamp by Apple Blossom which I intended using on the card. The dragon is meant to be a mythical beast but I think I’ve gotten away with using it as a Welsh dragon! The green mat was cut using a die from the Card Making Magic range that I recently won in a Facebook competition. I then just covered my base card in a paper from a Sharon Duncan CD called Embossibilities Elegance. Each of the designs on the CD are available in several colours but I just had to choose yellow for these daffodils!The easel card ‘stopper’ is just a rectangle of card covered in more daffodil paper and a sentiment added. The Happy Birthday was also part of my prize from the Card Making Magic range. I then just finished the card by adding various peeloffs and die cuts that are all Welsh related images and words.




Don't forget that the CD Sunday Challenge is about making items using something printed from a craft CD Rom. You can use other craft items on your card/project, such as a stamp or die, but you must include something from a craft Cd. So if you like colouring stamped images or digis you can still enter the challenge but you must include something from a CD such as a backing paper, a sentiment or a butterfly for example. In your blog post/Facebook entry you must give the name of the CD you've used. This is important if the items you've used can be bought as a download as well as a CD as the Design team can't tell which has been used unless you tell us. Your entry can't be considered for a prize if you haven't used a CD or if you haven't told us the name of the CD in your post. The Design team still leave comments on your blog but there's no chance of winning if the above hasn't been followed. We now have a Facebook page if you don't have a blog - The CD Sunday Challenge.

7 comments:

  1. Loved reading the story behind your card Pamela, your brother sounds like a special guy, the red dragon on the green background looks fierce (as he should) adding in the daffodil and the colour yellow adds to the Welsh theme, hope he loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to read the story of the card, it makes it more special to read why you made this card and who for,
    Beautifully designed and very Welsh with the dragon
    I hope he likes your card and he has a lovely birthday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely story Pamela and a great card for your brother. I will keep an eye out for anything Welsh or dragon related. If it is not too late please wish him a Happy Birthday from all of us.
    Hugs
    Carol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah hope your brother has a supe birthday. Love the card, I never managed to enter last time. Hope alls well at home, Hazelx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super Welsh card - that dragon certainly looks like a Welsh one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic card for your brother. I'm sure he will treasure it.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful card Pamela xx
    Happy birthday to your brother, I'm sure he will love your card.
    Best Wishes
    Lisa xx
    craftycard-designs.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.