Sunday 15 April 2018

CD Sunday's 8th Birthday Celebrations!

On the 18th April the CD Sunday Challenge Blog will be 8 years old! Are lovely design team leader, Carol, is also celebrating a very special birthday on 21st April - she will be 75. So we have combined the two celebrations and the theme for the next two weeks is Birthday. Along with the usual rule that you must include something from a craft CD you must also follow this sketch:


You don't have to use the sketch as it is, you are allowed to flip or turn the design - which is what I've done for my card. But before I show my card I must just add that there are prizes for the top two entries. Carol has donated a brand new pack of Chameleon pens as the first prize and the second prize is a set of Tonic dies - Essentials Ribbon & Bow Layering Dies donated by me.So with such a straightforward  great prizes it would be a shame not to enter! The theme runs until Saturday 28th April at 13:00.
There's not a lot of work gone into the making of my card as the sketch is so easy to follow. 


I made an A5 card blank and covered it with a backing paper from a My Craft Studio CD called Magical Midnight. The next two layers, the deep pink and the glitter card, are both Tonic Craft Perfect card. I then cut two strips of blue mirri card and run them through an old embossing folder. Remember the early days of embossing folders? There weren't many companies making them and I'm sure we all have folders for the Cuttlebug made by ProvoCraft. This one is called Swiss Dots. These were glued into position as per the sketch. I then cut the ovals and backing oval from some pearl card (similar to Centura Pearl) and glued them into place. They were cut using a Marianne Design set - Passe-Partout Oval CR1241.


I then coloured a number 4 and 0 with a Cornflower Blue Promarker to fit in with the colour scheme and finished the ovals off by adding blue gems.
I've deliberately left the description of the die cut flowers until last - they're my favourite bit!


The My Craft Studio CD rom that I used for the backing paper (Magical Midnight) can be used with several different sets of dies. I printed off the flowers from the 'Handpicked' section then used the matching die to cut them out. When you see the image printed out it looks a little odd but as soon as you die cut it the flowers come to life - at least I think so! There are 4 sets of dies that match the various images on the CD and I think I'll be using them a lot.
I hope everyone has a go at entering the challenge this time - it would be a shame to miss out on the challenge celebrations - and of course the chance of winning a prize!
Don't forget that the CD Sunday Challenge is about making items using something printed from a craft CD Rom. You can use other craft items on your card/project, such as a stamp or die, but you must include something from a craft Cd. So if you like colouring stamped images or digis you can still enter the challenge but you must include something from a Cd such as a backing paper, a sentiment or a butterfly for example. In your blog post/Facebook entry you must give the name of the Cd you've used. This is important if the items you've used can be bought as a download as well as a CD as the Design team can't tell which has been used unless you tell us. Your entry can't be considered for a prize if you haven't used a Cd or if you haven't told us the name of the CD in your post. The Design team still leave comments on your blog but there's no chance of winning if the above hasn't been followed. We now have a Facebook page if you don't have a blog.






6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Pamela the flowers are the perfect finishing touch, congrats on your top 3 place at Creative Crafting World

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Pamela and I agree with you that those flowers are stunning.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, wonderful design and flowers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your interpretation Pamela - but then I always do. Such pretty colours and fabulous dies. Thank you for the compliment. - blushing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pamela, I love the colours you've used for your card. The oval die is really pretty and, as you say, the flowers have really come to life after being die cut.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you've flipped the sketch xxx
    It's a beautiful card Pamela xxx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.