Sunday 29 April 2018

Anything Goes - CD Sunday

Well what a response we had to the CD Sunday Birthday Challenge! Thanks to everyone who entered but especially those who entered for the first time. The design team will now ponder long and hard and come up with two people to win the prizes. The names of the winners will be announced on Sunday 13th May to give us time to come to a decision - not an easy task as there were so many wonderful entries.
The theme for the next 2 weeks has been chosen by Wynn and she's gone with 'Anything Goes'. A really easy theme so let's so lots of entries again!
Don't forget that the CD Sunday Challenge is about making items using something printed from a craft CD Rom. You can use other craft items on your card/project, such as a stamp or die, but you must include something from a craft Cd. So if you like colouring stamped images or digis you can still enter the challenge but you must include something from a Cd such as a backing paper, a sentiment or a butterfly for example. In your blog post/Facebook entry you must give the name of the Cd you've used. This is important if the items you've used can be bought as a download as well as a CD as the Design team can't tell which has been used unless you tell us. Your entry can't be considered for a prize if you haven't used a Cd or if you haven't told us the name of the Cd in your post. The Design team still leave comments on your blog but there's no chance of winning if the above hasn't been followed.
Today is my husband's birthday and as the theme is Anything Goes I thought I'd make something for his birthday. One of his hobbies is to feed the wild birds in the garden - we have feeders everywhere! He likes to sit in the dining room and watch the birds through the patio doors. It gives him a great deal of enjoyment so when I saw how to make a bird house from card it was the obvious choice! Michelle Jackson-Mogford has a feature in the Crafter's Inspiration magazine (issue 17) from Crafter's Companion. If you recognise her name Michelle used to demo Craft Artist on Create and Craft. You can download the birdhouse template from www.crafterscompanion.co.uk/ci17-liliesandlight
I didn't follow the article in the mag completely - I used different papers to Michelle as she used purples. I used a green paper from Issue 11 CD Autumnal Days folder and 3 blue papers from Issue 17 CD Tokyo Blue folder.





The little bird was one of a pair left over from a previous project. Michelle printed her bird from the files on the CD but I knew I had this one, bought from The Range, in my stash.
I just poked a small piece of stick through for him to sit on.
Michelle punched hearts to make the roof 'tiles' but when I saw this paper on CD 17 I thought it looked like roof tiles - what do you think?


I decorated the 2 sides and back with dies cuts using Tonic's Craft Perfect card in Fern Green and two different sized dies from Cheery Lynn. 




The front was decorated with strips of clear gems and die cuts from a Tonic With Love set. I used plain white card and after cutting out the dies I coloured the card using a Tonic Glitter marker.
This is where I confess to a little 'cheating'! Anyone who follows my blog will know I don't enjoy cutting things out by hand. Having already cut loads out for the rest of the birdhouse I didn't fancy cutting the roof trims out by hand - too small and fiddly for me. So I rummaged through my stash and found an edging die that looked just like the pretty decorations that hang from roofs and used that! I edged it with a French Navy Promarker and dotted tiny hearts along it. I think it worked! 


We now have a Facebook page if you don't have a blog or if it's easier for you to enter that way - The CD Sunday Challenge.



5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful keepsake card for your husband Pamela, especially since he enjoys bird watching, best wishes for his birthday, hope you both have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous keepsake for your husband, it would have taken ages to make it up and I'm sure he's going to love it.
    Wishing your husband a very happy birthday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant make again Pamela. Love the paper for the tiles. Perfect.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another work of art Pamela. I hope Michael enjoyed his birthday and that you both had a lovely day. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A belated happy birthday to your husband. This birdhouse is stunning! I love the scalloped roof tiles - I thought the paper must have been designed to use that way, it looks so perfect.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.