Sunday 10 September 2017

Clean and Simple - CD Sunday

Thanks to everyone who entered my challenge 'Let's Hear It For The Boys'. I'll be picking a Top Three and the winner will receive the prize that I have ready and waiting to go in the post. Sadly a few people either didn't use something from a CD or didn't name the Cd in their blog post so can't be considered for the prize.
This time it's Meg who has chosen the CD Sunday theme and she has picked 'Clean And Simple'. A perfect theme if you need to make a card in a hurry as there's no need to use loads of mats and layers or embellishments.
I decided to add to my Christmas card supply and I knew where to head for some lovely papers and images - DoCrafts Digital Designer. Sadly this isn't available anymore which is a shame as it has some really lovely designs. 
I chose Henbury Lane - Poinsetta.



I put the design together on screen using an image of some presents layered onto a very pale green paper,a sentiment in a darker shade of green and a pale green mistletoe design backing paper. I was going to print it out as one layer but decided the image surrounded by the pale green paper wasn't standing out and that it needed a white mat between it and the mistletoe paper.
After I'd printed it I cut the image out using a Tonic Studio Essentials Mixed Edge Oval Layering Basic die (could they have made the name any longer?). I thought I'd used the right size oval die but it was a little to big and left a very small white edge. When I tried the topper on the backing paper I decided I liked the look so I then cut the BP slightly smaller than the card front leaving a small border of the white card to match.
I only added holly corner peel offs to finish the card and my Clean And Simple card was complete!




Meg's theme runs until Saturday 23rd September at 1 pm. Don't forget to follow the 2 rules - you must use something from a craft Cd and you must name that Cd in your blog post. You can use a download on your card as long as you also use something from a Cd. So you could use a downloaded image with a backing paper from a Cd for example. Meg will pick her Top Three cards/projects and has a prize for the winner - good luck!

7 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Pamela, perfectly clean and simple, love the papers and topper,

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely CAS card Pamela. I like the two white borders. They make the card look crisp and tidy. (I nearly said 'even' as per Good King Wenceslas).
    Hugs
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly CAS and I love that shade of green.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely, so elegant and CAS.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that soft green paper you chose for your card, it shows off the image beautifully x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card Pamela. It's the sort of Christmas card I would love to receive. Love the soft colour palette. Wynn x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.