Sunday 2 October 2016

Country Living - CD Sunday

It's my first time to pick the theme for the CD Sunday challenge! As we're into October I wanted to choose a theme that could be used for Christmas cards as I know lots of card makers will be concentrating on making them at this time. So I opted for Country Living. Myself and CD Sunday Design Team member Meg have both made Christmas cards with lovely wintry scenes - we've both used the same CD rom as well!


I knew before I chose the image that I wanted to make a triptych card. I've made one before but from a kit so the 3 strips were already the right size - the measuring and deciding on the size took quite a while! I also decided to mat the strips onto silver holographic card so that involved even more measuring and head scratching! The card base was covered with a piece of Centura pearl paper that I'd run through an embossing folder from Tattered Lace called 'Season's Greetings'. I then matted the full image, from 'The Big One' CD Rom by Just Inked Lined, onto holographic card leaving a very thin border. A second image was then cut into 3 strips and also matted onto the holographic card. I finished off the card with a strip of gems - these were cut from a roll of wide gem 'ribbon'. I found it in the wedding section of Home Bargains or it might have been B & M Bargains. It wasn't very expensive and it's quite a long length although it wasn't very easy to cut so don't use your best scissors!
I hope the DT cards will give you all lots of inspiration for this theme. I get to choose the 3 cards that I think best fits the theme and the person whose card I pick as my number one choice will receive a price from me. You have until Saturday 15th October at 13:00 to enter the challenge. Our only rules are that you must use at least one item from a crafting CD Rom on your card. It can be anything from a CD Rom - a sentiment, backing paper,image, ribbon, button, butterfly etc. And in your blog entry you must name the CD that you have used otherwise you won't be eligible to win the prize and the DT may not leave a comment on your blog. My choice of Top Three cards will be announced on the CD Sunday blog on Sunday 30th October - the day after my 60th birthday, so it will top of my birthday celebrations nicely LOL!
I'm away for almost all of the time this challenge runs but hope to have internet access in order to visit your blogs and leave a comment. But it may be a day or two after your post before I can visit your blog so please be patient with me! My favourite brother is getting married in Gretna Green which is a fair distance from where I live so we're breaking up the journey by taking a couple of days to get there and then on the way back we're staying in the Lake District for a week. I was asked to make place name settings and flower arrangements for the table so they're all ready and safely packed up.
Have fun with the challenge and I hope to see a few thatched cottages amongst your entries!
For the next challenge, on the 16th October, we have a surprise guest who will be choosing the theme!
  

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, I love your design it's nice to see something different and your beautiful image,
    It's a lovely Christmas card, thank you for choosing a lovely theme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pamela I chose a snowy scene as living in the country it lasts longer than in towns. Your image could be one of the older cottages in the area. Love the style and dimension in your card, the panel of gems adds to the wintry icy feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous Christmas card Pamela, such a gorgeous image and brilliant design - a great choice of theme.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a lovely time Pamela at the wedding and your break in Lake Distirct. Look forward to seeing so lovely piccies. Your card is beautiful and inspirational. Hugs Wynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great theme choice Pamela and a lovely card. Love the sparkles.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card Pamela and great choice of challenge. I hope all is going well in those farf lung places and that the Wedding went off well.
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.