Saturday 28 September 2013

Snow People!

I've managed to make a card for the challenge at CD Sunday! The theme this week is Snow People so I thought it just had to be a Christmas card - that's my third Christmas card I've made this year and it's still only September LOL!
I used an image from Hallmark Card Studio and framed it with blue Centura pearl card. I then used a Marianne Design die to cut another frame from white Centura pearl card. I also embossed the white frame using parts of a Crafts Too embossing folder. It was quite tricky to just emboss the snowflakes and to get them in the right place on the frame - I don't think it worked that well so won't be trying that again LOL! I also cut small mats using a set of Crafts Too dies and put snowflake embellishments on them. The greeting is from a very old set of Dufex stickers.




This card was a trial run of a card I've made for the Lothian Crafts Challenge. The theme will be announced on 1st October. The dies I've used can be bought from Lothian Crafts Online and there's still a chance to get discount in the birthday celebrations which end 30th September.
I'm also entering this into the 'Oldie but a goodie' Challenge. Several things I've used I've had for longer than 6 months. The Hallmark Card Studio I've had for at least 6 years! The Crafts Too embossing folder and the Dufex sticker are also more than 6 months old.

I came first with the above card.




5 comments:

  1. Hi Pamela. I think your snowflakes worked beautifully and I like the actual frame. Oh dear! I feel another purchase coming on. Lovely card and thank you for joining in.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT
    p.s. thanks for your visit to mine and your kind remarks

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card and snowpeople Pamela. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.

    Sue T x
    CD Sunday Dt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you have done the frame Pamela and what jolly snow people.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and i do like the die you have used, thamks for joining us this week.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an absolutely gorgeous card, great use of dies. Thank you so much for entering my challenge theme on an Oldie But A Goodie, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.