Sunday 11 March 2012

A long time in the making!

Most years there's a craft show held in Cardiff in October (Creative Stitches and Hobbycrafts). I always go and one of my sisters comes with me. The first stand we go to is Card Creations Plus as I like their CD roms and Nigel gives good show discounts. Well back in October 2009 Nigel was demoing the Musical Theatre cd and my sister pointed to the Phantom of the Opera design and told me she'd like me to make her next birthday card using that design. I think she meant her birthday in March 2010 but due to circumstances beyond my control I didn't make the card until this year! I hope she thinks it was worth the wait!
It was quite a fiddly card to make as you have to match up the design on the front while trying to stick the spacer to the top and base of the card. I finished off the frame by colouring peeloffs with a promarker.
I chose roses and musical notes to tie in with the opera theme.
The theme for the CD Sunday challenge this week is 'From me to you' so I thought I'd make a card from me to my sister for my Guest Designer item. I just need Royal Fail to do it's job and get the card there in time for her birthday. Hope you have a good day sis - Happy Birthday Audrey!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Pamela
    What a work of art and I am sure that Audrey will love it. It may be late but you didn't forget.
    Hugs
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card Pamela. I'm sure your sister will love it even if she did have to wait a couple of years for it! One of my favourite musicals too.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi pamela well what a creation am sure she be delighted and yep worth the wait hugs sassy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Pamela this is fantastic, I wouldnt know where to start!! it looks so professional brilliant, thanks for popping by to see me too , im so grateful have alovely day huggies June x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Pamela this is stunning, sure your sister will love it, many thanks for your messages recently, much appreciated, as you probably know I have various disabilities anyway, and infections tend to knock me for six, i'm recovering slowly and hopefully I'll soon be back to my normal level of yuckiness LOL xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Pamala, I'm sure that your sister will think it was worth the wait. I bought this CD too, but have not used it yet. After seeing this I might just have to give it a go.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Pamala, I'm sure that your sister will think it was worth the wait. I bought this CD too, but have not used it yet. After seeing this I might just have to give it a go.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.