Sunday 25 March 2012

1 card style - 2 cards (part 2).

If you've read my previous post then you'll understand what the title of this post is referring to! I found a card style I liked and have made 2 cards using it - the one in my previous post and now this one. This week is the last in my month as being Guest Designer for the CD Sunday Challenge Blog. The theme this week is 'Spring has Sprung' and the day I made this card it was more like summer! I sat at the dining table with the patio doors open making quilled flowers whilst the sun shone and the temperature increased - very nice! I wanted to make a flowery card for this theme but couldn't decided on a design until I came across an article in a craft magazine with a tutorial on how to make a box card. The card in my previous post was a prototype for this one!
And the view from the side to show the depth of the 'box':
I printed a backing paper, from Sharon Duncan's Embossibilities Celebrations cd, onto card so the pattern would also be on the back of the finished card. The design is called mini flowers and was just what I needed for this card. The gradient BP behind the central image is also from a cd rom but it's been in my scraps box for so long I don't know where it's from LOL! The 'branch' is actually a tree image cut out on my eCraft electric die cutter. And the flowers are, of course, quilled! I've enjoyed my time as GD for a second time. It's good to see lots of people entering the challenges recently. I've noticed a couple of people that I know from the Craft Telly forum joining in and hope that you'll continue to support the blog.

8 comments:

  1. Morning Pamela. I love this card. I didn't know you could do quilling as well! Debs and I had a fun day with Judith Maslen yesterday at her workshop and now rushing around cos Ellie is coming.
    You have been a great trouper as our GDT and I am sure it won't be the last time.
    Love from us both
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Pamela, such sweet flowers lovely quilling, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pamela. This is a lovely design (as I said on yesterday's post I love the different shape). Nice to see some quilling too - very effective and pretty. I echo what Carol has said above re GDT, you have made some lovely cards for us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Pamela, what a great way to display your quill flowers.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card. Very clever to make the 'blossoms' from quilled flowers.
    The punch I used is a small border punch that I got from a shop in Porth Madog several years ago. It's a blue punch and says CarlaCraft on the side. I usually use it for my inserts - this time I used it for the outside too.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. hiya hunnie...this is smashing love the box card its brillaint..great to see quilling i havent tried that in agessssssss....hugs sassyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card, your flowers are gorgeous. sue-b x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous cards darlin and the quilled little flowers are beautiful, enjoy your weekend huggies June xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.