Tuesday 16 August 2011

Patchwork twisted easel

The black and white card in my previous post has reminded me of another card I made a couple of months ago but forgot to blog. I made the card for a challenge on Free Craft Downloads Forum . it was the first time I entered and the theme was a patchwork card in a twisted easel style. I'd never made either type of card and must admit I don't like the twisted easel style - because of the angle there's too much card at the base. I prefer things to be symetrical and evenly balanced. Here's a piccie of the card:


The sentiment was 'Friends are like quilts, a patchwork of warmth and comfort'. The members of the forum vote for the card they like the best and I was delighted to find that my card received the most votes! My prize was a gift voucher for Joanna Sheen's website and when I received it I also had a hand made card from them with a little note congratulating me on my win.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! It's a lovely card and a well deserved win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see it again Pamela. A great card.
    Hugs
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the win, it's a perfectly designed gorgeous card. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pamela,
    Your card is great, really striking, well done on the win. I love the easel cards they're so quirky. I'm going to take a look at your posts now....what a lovely blog you have, really pretty. Even card making gives me ideas for designs for our cottage renovation...a piece of artwork to hang on the wall or a cushion cover of quilted pot stand.
    Thanks again
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.