Sunday 21 July 2024

#138 Anything Goes - CD Sunday Plus Challenge

As usual the theme is Anything Goes at The CD Sunday Plus Challenge - remember you must have used something printed from a CD, a USB or a digital download, you must state where the item used is from and you must make a physical item and not a digital one.
This challenge was due to be hosted by Aimes but Hurricane Beryl has caused a lot of damage and many people are still without power. We've had a quick message from Aimes and she and her hubby are both OK but the power situation makes it impossible for her to get on line so Carol has stepped in to host this one.
I started making cards back in 2005 – doesn’t time fly when you’re having fun LOL! A year later a made a Welsh themed birthday card for one of my brothers. The family moved to England after dad died and my brother Mark has always missed living in Wales. My Welsh card cheered him up so much that I kept up the trend of making Welsh themed cards for his birthday. I even managed it for the 3 years when my husband was ill and then passed away.
This card is now the nineteenth I’ve made:


The sweater is from a USB by Craft Master using My Craft Studio called A Jumper For All Seasons. It was originally a dull beige colour with areas of grey ‘slub’ effect. I changed the colour to a shade of green that was as near as I could get it to the Welsh flag. I also added an image of the Welsh dragon that I found on the internet. The sweater was then cut using the matching dies – Craft Master Nested Jumper. The USB and dies are meant to be Christmas designs but as soon as I saw them on Create and Craft it sparked this idea!
I die cut the green and red layers using nesting dies from Presscut that have a ‘stitch’ effect on the edges so that they would tie in with the main image of a sweater. I added a few Welsh dragon peel offs to the corners but I’m not sure they add anything to the finished card.

The challenge will close on Saturday 03rd August 2024 at 1pm.

Don't forget that the CD Sunday Plus Challenge is now about making items using something printed from a craft CD Rom, USB or digital download. You can use other craft items on your card/project, such as a stamp or die, but you must include something printed from the new categories. You must also make a physical item and not a digital one. In your blog post/Facebook entry you must give the name of the printed item you've used.

We also have a Face Book page if you want to enter but don’t have a blog - The CD Sunday Plus Challenge.



5 comments:

  1. A special card for your brother Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to continue to send him a Welsh themed card each year. It looks great in the colours you've used, I'm sure he loved it. Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card Pamela. Maybe for his next birthday you could knit him a jumper with the Welsh dragon design :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card and I do think the added peel off Dragons do add to the whole card.
    Hugs
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely image with the Welsh dragon, perhaps next year knitting the jumper would be nice for him

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.