Sunday 12 June 2022

#87 Anything Goes - CD Sunday Plus Challenge

As usual the theme at The CD Sunday Plus Challenge is Anything Goes - remember you must have used something printed from a CD, a USB or a digital download, you must state where the item used is from and you must make a physical item and not a digital one. 
My make this time was for a forum swap with the theme of Spring Flowers. I knew I wanted to make a bunch of flowers and stand them in something like a vase. I was looking through my USBs that have SVG files on and found the flowers that I wanted and also a watering can. The watering can was a flat, one dimensional, die cut but I like a challenge so decided to have a go at making it 3D to hold the flowers.

After several many attempts I finally managed it! I attached the heads of the flowers to sticks that florists use and then I glued strips of card across the neck of the watering can in order to attach the flower stems.



I wanted the watering can to have a ‘folk art’ look to it and found the perfect flower wreath in one of my Craft Artist digi kits. I printed it onto clear adhesive backed film, on the finished item you can’t see the edges of the film so the wreath looks as if it’s part of the dark green card.



Items used:
Creative Crafting World: The Paper Pantry Special Edition Cutting Files Vol VII Spring Concept Cards
Serif Craft Artist: Victoria Nelson Spring Tea party (wreath).
The challenge will close on Saturday 25th June 2022 at 1pm.
Don't forget that the CD Sunday Plus Challenge is now about making items using something printed from a craft CD Rom, USB or digital download. You can use other craft items on your card/project, such as a stamp or die, but you must include something printed from the new categories. You must also make a physical item and not a digital one. In your blog post/Facebook entry you must give the name of the printed item you've used.

We also have a Facebook page if you don't have a blog - The CD Sunday Plus Challenge.


3 comments:

  1. So pretty and very dimensional. I like the way you have decorated the watering can - very effective. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, you made me laugh as you say how you used the florists sticks they use, as I used to be a florist many years ago, you found another use for them, I must remember them when I need to use one that it is possible in card making.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful project. I always admire the way you make such different things with such patience.
    Hugs. Carol xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.