Sunday 13 September 2020

#44 Anything Goes - CD Sunday Plus Challenge

 The theme for the CD Sunday Plus Challenge is Anything Goes. You must have used something printed from a CD, a USB or a digital download and you must state where the item used is from.

A very good friend of one of my niece’s recently got married. The Corona virus restrictions have really plagued their wedding plans this year. The ceremony was rescheduled from March and everything down sized to fit in with the rules. But even up to the day before the wedding they were having to alter things. They’d planned on having an afternoon tea style reception – all socially distanced in the church hall but the day before the wedding the Prime Minister changed the rules and they had to cancel the reception. Luckily, the company providing the food allowed them to cancel with no loss of money.

I felt so sorry for them and wanted to make a wedding card that fitted the style of their wedding. My niece told me that the wedding theme was a rainbow. Nothing to do with the ‘thanking the NHS/essential workers rainbow’. Apparently a rainbow has a biblical connection of hope and promise and the bride and groom are both Christians. Their original wedding invites from March were very simple and basic so I wanted to follow the same style. I wanted a central ‘topper’ for the card and turned to my trusty Serif Craft Artist as I knew I had some Purple Ronnie digi kits that would have pictures of stick people and luckily there was a bride and groom image. 

 

 First of all I found a rainbow and stretched it out to fill the width of the card.  I then added the church image and resized it so it fitted perfectly inside the rainbow.  




The bride and groom were added at the bottom of the card and I resized them so the church appeared to be in the distance behind them. I added a few pink hearts and recoloured them to have a silver effect as their invites had had silver hearts on them. After quite a lot of work I eventually managed to stretch a path until it flowed from the church grounds and ended up under the feet of the married couple but still the colour was wrong. I played around with the ‘Style’ button and eventually changed the path’s appearance and it just happened to be a similar colour to the grounds of the church. I printed the bride’s bouquet and the hearts twice so I could layer them up.


So now I had a topper that I was happy with I could concentrate on the rest of the card. I had the crazy idea to make layers of rainbow coloured card! I looked up the order the colours were in a rainbow and luckily I had almost all the colours in my stash – except indigo! I had to use a very dark purple. Who knew card making involved the use of maths! I needed to work out the size of the eight layers so I could fit them on a card blank that was 7 by 10 inches.

  

 I also designed a paper for the inside of the card that had rainbows with hearts at the one end. I copied the image, flipped it and joined it to the first rainbow so it looked like the top of a heart.

 

I was thrilled with how the card turned out but decided I wanted to do more for the couple. I found some rainbow coloured bunting to download and made two long strands of bunting. They were originally meant to decorate the room where the reception was going to be held but instead used them for the church itself.

 

      


 

Items used:

Serif Craft Artist digi kits: Purple Ronnie Wedding, Home From Home, Seasonal Garden, Country Garden.

All card from my stash

Bunting from The Purple Pumpkin Blog

The challenge will close on Saturday 26th September at 1pm.

Don't forget that the CD Sunday Plus Challenge is now about making items using something printed from a craft CD Rom, USB or digital download. You can use other craft items on your card/project, such as a stamp or die, but you must include something printed from the new categories. In your blog post/Facebook entry you must give the name of the printed item you've used.

We also have a Facebook page if you don't have a blog - The CD Sunday Plus Challenge.

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous wedding card, very different design to the usual but I like it, its an unique card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah this is lovely, what a great card and I love the bunting in the church as well. Hope they had a lovely day, even with all the different plans, stay safe, Hazelx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a shame that their wedding couldn't go as planned. I'm sure they loved their card, such attention to detail, I love the rainbow coloured mats and the scene you've created. It all must have taken you such a long time to do. It's a fabulous card.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so good with Serif. I love what you have created. It was the fact that you do use your Serif often that decided me to have a go and use it for Philips card. What a great idea to make the bunting for them.
    Hugs
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That certainly was a labour of love. Well done it all looks beautiful.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.