Sunday 9 August 2020

66th Wedding Anniversary

An aunt and uncle of my late husband’s celebrated 66 years together and I wanted to make a really special card for them as they couldn’t hold a proper celebration with the lockdown and they were both shielding due to age and health issues. I’ve previously made a bow card for a friend’s big birthday and wanted to make another one for the 66th anniversary as they’re quite a ‘show stopper’ card. The first time I cut it out by hand which I don’t enjoy doing so for this one I used the SVG cutting file and cut it out on my Brother Scan N Cut.

The papers, both the flowery and the plain, are from The Paper Boutique range by Creative Crafting World. The collection is called Blossoms In The Breeze. I die cut the hexagonal card base using Presscut Plain Hexagons dies from Crafts-too.


There are two layers to the bow part of the card and once glued together they leave quite a large dip in the middle so I filled it with lace. I slip stitched around the edge of the lace then gathered it up and joined the ends. 

The plain pink plaque in the middle is cut using a Spellbinders Sapphire Pierced Tag die that I had in a Create and Craft goody bag at the NEC and the Happy Anniversary is a Paper Boutique Doily Die.

I finished the card off with pearl number  won in a Hochands tombola at the NEC. And the 3 strips of pearls were cut from a long strip of pearls.

The inside was also decorated using the same paper pack.


On the same day as their wedding anniversary it was also Uncle Jim’s 86th birthday. He has a great sense of humour so I made him this card which he loved.


                                                                        




3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, love your design with the lace and the colouring,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this anniversary card, its spectacular!!! Your loo roll card is brilliant and very apt this year!! Hope alls well, Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really is a show stopper card, it must have taken you so long to do. I'm sure they'll treasure it.

    I love the birthday card too, made me smile.

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.