Monday 14 May 2018

70th Birthday card


I use CDs a lot in my crafting, often printing out backing sheets and using them to make a 3D item or die cutting from them instead of using coloured card stock. I know it's thought that printers use a lot of ink but my cartridges last at least 6 months - I know because I keep a record of when the cartridges where last replaced. The printer is used by both myself and hubby, not just for my crafting but also for printing documents and online information. I buy from an online shop and get original cartridges for a good price but now that my printer is out of warranty I'm going to switch to compatibles which are cheaper again.



 I used an 8 by 8 card blank and covered it in black card stock and then embossed white card stock using an embossing folder and layered on to the black card. The next 3 layers are printed from Tattered Lace CDs that have the papers from the Tattered Lace magazines issues 19 and 21 (the 2 wooden 'plank' effect papers) and a Creative Crafting World CD called Perfect Essential Companions (the plain textured effect paper in the Putty colour).

I then added a strip of black card across the middle of the card and topped it with circles of black and white card that were cut using dies.

 

The numbers are stamped onto the brown card left over from the plain brown layer and then cut out using the matching dies. The Happy Birthday is also die cut from the brown card. The card is finished off by adding candle and star peel offs and wooden embellishments.
 I also decorated the inside of the card.



I'm entering this in the Back to Basics Blog Challenge where the theme is 'Use A Craft CD or Papercraft Kit'. 



Items I used:

Creative Expressions: Tartan Trellis embossing folder.

Creative Crafting World - 8 by 8 card blank, black card (for matting and layering), ivory Woodstock card (second layer that was embossed and middle of circle) and white card (for printing).

Tattered Lace: Click, Print, Go Paper Collection Volume 6 CD and happy birthday die that was free in a Tattered Lace magazine.

Tonic Studios - Circle Layering Die Set.

XCut - Carnival numbers stamps and dies.

My Mind's Eye: Wood Dots.

The peel-offs and Happy Birthday stamp (on the insert) are from my stash and I've had them so long I don't know where they're from.




















I'm entering this in the Back to Basics Blog Challenge where the theme is 'Use A Craft CD or Papercraft Kit'.




4 comments:

  1. Wonderful use of your CD, really great card. Thanks for joining BBB. Anesha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love your card. It is so elegant. I agree about printers, and the use of inks, mine can last ages. So pleased you shared with us at Back to Basics and Beyond. We would love for you to visit us again. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I totally love this design Pamela. The layout is wonderful xxx
    craftycard-designs.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.