Sunday 5 November 2017

CD Sunday - Take a Stamp

At CD Sunday this time it's Carol's turn to pick a theme and she's chosen 'Take a Stamp'.
The design team decide on themes well ahead of the date that they're published on the challenge blog. When I was thinking of making my card for this theme, back in June, my husband asked me to make some cards for the staff at the local cancer centre. He was due to have his final chemotherapy session and wanted to thank the staff for making the time he spent there as pleasant and stress free as possible.
I'd seen a design in Papercraft Essentials magazine (issue 147) that I'd wanted to try so made these cards for the staff on the two wards that had treated him.



I printed the backing paper from a My Craft Studio Cd called 'Field of Flowers' which was then glued to the front of an 8 by 8 card. I then took another piece of white card and removed a section using a die. I used the outer edge die from Clematis Climber Strip Die Set by Tonic. I then inked the edges of the white card with a toning colour. The sentiment was then stamped in the same colour ink in the bottom right hand corner. The stamp was from a set of sentiment stamps free with Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine. 



I embellished the cards slightly differently. The first one had pearls along the cut and inked edge and three flowers grouped together.



The second card I grouped the pearls at the edges of the card and glued a ribbon rosette to the front.


Hubby bought boxes of biscuits for both the wards and the staff thanked us both and quizzed me about how I'd made the cards.
The CD Sunday challenge is all about making items using craft CD Roms. You can use other craft items on your card/project, such as a stamp as in this theme, but you must include something from a CD. So if you like colouring stamped images or digis you can still enter the challenge but you must include something from a CD such as a backing paper, a sentiment or a butterfly for example. In your blog post you must give the name of the CD you've used. This is especially important if the items you've used can be bought as a download as well as a CD as the Design Team can't tell which has been used unless you tell us. Your card can't be considered for a prize if you haven't used a CD or if you haven't told us the name of the CD in your post. The Design Team still leave comments on the blogs but there's no chance of winning if the above hasn't been followed. 
The challenge runs until Saturday 18th November at 13:00.


5 comments:

  1. two beauties Pamela, it's lovely to get a thank you card and these say it all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeous cards, I am sure the staff appreciated them they don't enough thanks for all the hours of work they put in,
    These cards said it all especially as they were hand made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty Pamela and a lovely thought to thank the dedicated nurses. Hugs Wynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous cards, no wonder the staff loved them. I hope you Hubby is continuing to recover well x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely creations as always Pamela. You would make a wonderful demonstrator. Even with my fuzzy 'dreaded lurgy head' I managed to understand most of your description.
    Thank you for your splendid contribution to my challenge.
    carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.