Saturday 8 August 2015

PC Problems

I think I should have stayed in bed this morning! I intended making a card in order to enter the CD Sunday Challenge which has a theme of Rock Star. I found a great card on Greeting Card Factory Deluxe 10 with a funny insert as well. First of all I couldn't get the backing off my double sided tape, then it tore as I peeled it off the topper and I had to try and get my pokey tool under the topper to get at the remainder of the tape. Then when I opened the card I'd stuck the topper on the back of the card!  I then put the computer on and had just started writing this post when there was a loud BANG from outside. Hubby was cutting the grass with the electric mower (he usually uses a petrol one) and had run over the wire. Luckily he uses a current breaker so he wasn't hurt. So now thinking all my problems were sorted I turned the PC back on and tried to scan the card. It's the first time I've used the scanner since upgrading to Windows 10 and I was told the drivers needed to be installed. So I took photos of the card and inserted the SD card into the PC. The program I use to upload my photos is called Clear.fi and came preinstalled on the computer (it's an Acer product). Clear.fi isn't compatable with Windows 10! I also can't use Internet Explorer to upload photos to my blog so clicked on the Google icon........and nothing happened. I've had to uninstall and reinstall Google and it's taken me 4 hours to get this far. So I'm sorry CD Sunday ladies but I'm VERY late in entering this challenge.
Here's the card:


And the insert:


I now need to go for a lie down in a darkened room LOL!

5 comments:

  1. After all that Pamela and your perseverance I think you deserve a star. And what a great card. We'll see you when you emerge from your darkened room.
    Thank you for battling on to join us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for persevering, would have been sad to have missed such a great card. Enjoy your lie down.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an epic journey to get here but it's well worth it with this super entry, love the whole thing, thanks for joining us at CD Sunday.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind comments ladies. It didn't help that I wasn't feeling 100% yesterday and everything was a struggle as it was. Trying to work out ways around the above problems was made even more difficult as my brain wouldn't function properly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phewwww nearly missed your great card.....made me smile. Perseverance certainly paid off.....your card rocks. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday. Wynn ( had PVC probs this week hence the late comment soz x)

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.