Friday 22 August 2014

Quilted Fun at the CD Sunday Blog.

I'm actually a day early with my entry for the CD Sunday Challenge of Quilted Fun! I'm usually entering with about 10 minutes left that's if I manage to finish a card in time at all!
I've enjoyed this theme that was picked by Jocelyn although it looks as if I'm in the minority as only a handful of people have entered this time.
I've recently bought a new crafting CD from Creative Crafting World (formerly Cup Cake Crafting) and wanted to use it for my card. It's a double CD called Perfect Floral Companions, it only has backing papers on but they're lovely papers - 1200 papers in 75 colours! It's the third CD in a series but it's the first one I've bought .......................... until today LOL! They have a sale on at the moment so I've bought the other two - all the backing papers come in the same 75 colours so they can all be used together. OK so enough of the advertising, on to my card!
I searched YouTube for a video on how to make a quilted card and found the instructions for this card. The 'quilted' bit is made up of 4 squares and 4 circles (cut into quarters), all glued together and run through an embossing folder.


The blog challenge is open until Saturday 23rd August and closes at 1 pm so if you want to join in you need to be quick!

I came second with the above card.








6 comments:

  1. Glad you joined us in time Pamela. This is a lovely card and great way of making the quilted effect......very clever. I love the delicate colours you,ve used too. Thanks for sharing this with us at Cd Sunday this week. Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Pamela, so unusual and a new CD to investigate. Love the colours and layout, so pleased you joined us this week at CD Sunday
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Pamela and welcome to blogland! Love your quilt, what a great design. You've used some of my favourite colours too.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Pamela. I am going to have to go and investigate the CD's - of course.
    Thank you for joining us and swelling the numbers.
    Hugs
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Pamela, lovely colours and I do like the shape of the quilting. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this time.

    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great card, clever quilting effect. Thanks for joining us atCD Sunday Challenges Caz

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.