Saturday 14 May 2011

Let's Go Oriental.

Boy am I late with this week's entry for the CD Sunday Blog Challenge!
I started well last Sunday, the day the theme is announced, by printing off the papers I wanted to use and a rough idea of the design of the card. I'd enjoyed stamping and colouring with Promarkers last week so wanted to do the same this week. The card was going to have a central image of a Chinese lucky card (where the cat has one paw raised in the air as if it's waving at you! Lol). Well I ran out of time so stamping was out of the question and have just finished making a very quick card this evening (slap and stick a la QVC craft style!).
Here's a photo of the card:



I was going to do this blog entry when I realised I couldn't remember which CD the paper's came from so had to look through my Oriental cds to find them! The red BP and the teabag papers are both from Oriental Dreams by Joanna Sheen. I ran the gold mat through an embossing folder and the card is finished with good old fashioned peeloffs and a sticky backed gem in the centre of the teabag rosette.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pamela. I knew you were running late so I thought I had better check again. For such a 'hurried' card it is brilliant especially with the special oriental red. Thank you for joining us (just) on CD Sunday.
    Hugs as ever
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pamela, sorry I didn't get to post my comment last night, however your 'hurried' card is fab and the colours are perfect. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday.
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.